All Monsters Attack (ゴジラ・ミニラ・ガバラ オール怪獣大進撃 Gojira-Minira-Gabara: Ōru Kaijū Daishingeki), released in North America as Godzilla’s Revenge, is a 1969 family kaijū film directed by Ishirō Honda, who was also the director of the original Godzilla movie, among others. It is widely considered by kaijū fans to be the absolute WORST GODZILLA MOVIE EVER MADE.
Ichiro Miki (Tomonori Yazaki) is a troubled and lonely boy whose parents are busy, and is bullied by Sanko Gabara (Junichi Ito) after school, everyday. To escape from his troubles, he dreams of visiting Monster Island, where he befriends Godzilla’s son, Minilla. Minilla himself is being bullied by another kaiju who shares the same name as Gabara.
Why it Sucks
- USES TOO MUCH STOCK FOOTAGE. The bulk of the movie consists of stock footage from the earlier Godzilla movies, complete with recycled fights.
- Does a seriously poor attempt to appeal to the target audience.
- Extremely terrible English dub. For instance, in the original Japanese version, Minilla is voiced by a woman, with a voice that fits with him being a child. But the American version gives him a Goofy-like voice that comes across as incredibly annoying.
- The movie's American title makes absolutely no sense because Godzilla never gets revenge on anything nor is he the main character of the movie.
- Overly formulaic, repetitive, and just plain boring story which, in the long run, isn’t really a Godzilla story as much as it is a children’s escapism story that merely uses Godzilla and other Tōhō kaijū for the sake of name recognition.
- An unbelievably tasteless ending which involves pulling a rather dangerous prank on a billboard painter that comes across as being mean-spirited instead of being inspiring or hilarious.
- Ichiro's whiny voice will get on your last nerve.
8. fails in comparison to the previous film; the extremely awesome destroy all monsters.