The live action series of Alvin and the Chipmunks are a series of movies that started in 2007.
Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)
After their former home (which is a tree) is cut down, they become pop stars and their loyalty is tested.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009)
They go to a regular school and save the music program and win the battle of the bands.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Shipwrecked (2011)
They go on a luxury cruise, and get stranded on an island.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Trip (2015)
Dave is waiting to get married, therefore going on a road trip.
Why They All Suck
- Abysmal pop songs, even moreso than the sequels after. The original versions of the songs are far superior.
- Lack of personality for the chipmunks.
- Dave appears unlikeable in this movie.
- A lot of juvenile humor.
- Numerous product placements.
- Awful generic plot.
- The Chipettes are introduced in a VERY lazy way.
- The male high school students act like morons, acknowledging the chipmunks as the new kids.
- A very badly executed (and misplaced) Donald Trump joke at the film's lazily made climax.
- The subplots are conflicting with each other, blinding the film's main focus, as if it didn't know what it should be all about.
- Out of all these terrible films, this is easily the most mean spirited.
- Alvin was very unlikeable in this film, especially in the scene with him and Britney in the auditorium.
- Cliché plot, like the other movies of the franchise.
- Why was Dave and the Chipettes there in case the Chipmunks were stranded?
- The way the camera focuses on the ship in the intro is cheap.
- The guy in the pelican suit appears again when no one cares.
- David Cross, who Plays Ian, said this was the most unpleasant experience in his life.
- Zoe, played by Jenny Slate, is not right in the head, as she has been shown to make friends with various sports balls she thinks can speak to her, and is somewhat manic.
- The plot is rather obscure, rendering the movie pointless.
- The voice actress Amy Poehler, who plays Jenny from Free Birds and Joy from Inside Out, does not return to play Eleanor, and was replaced by Kaley Cuoco. The reason for the replacement is unknown.
- DJ Redfoo only starred just so his Juicy Wiggle song (which is stupid and unenjoyable) could be featured.
- Miles is very unlikeable in the beginning, but once he begins to like the chipmunks, you can feel sympathetic towards him and like him a bit.