Barnyard (also known as Barnyard: The Original Party Animals) is a 2006 American computer-animated comedy film, distributed by Paramount Pictures, co-produced by Nickelodeon Movies, O Entertainment and Omation Animation Studio, directed by Steve Oedekerk (who was also one of the producers and the main writer) with music by John Debney and co-produced by Paul Marshal. It was released on August 4, 2006. The film stars the voices of Kevin James, Courteney Cox, Sam Elliott, Danny Glover, Wanda Sykes, Andie MacDowelland David Koechner. Most of the production was carried out in San Clemente, California. The film is the second Nickelodeon movie to spin-off into a TV series, the first being Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. The film grossed $116.5 million worldwide against a $51 million production budget.
- It has the same graphics as The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, yet it looks boring and uninspired
- The character design is mainly excruciating and ugly (especially Daisy the Cow).
- Dreadful humor, which is very common.
- It's very cliched.
- This film can get a little dark as Ben dies saving a bunch of chickens from coyotes.
- Otis, Ben, and the Jersey cows are male and yet they have big, distracting udders. Yet an actual bull makes an appearance in the movie and is treated as a separate species.
- It's cast, except for Sam Elliot and Danny Glover.
- It likes to tamper a lot and go out of focus.
- Otis and his friends act like stereotypical teenagers.
- Terrible characters, except for Ben, Miles, Daisy ,Duke and Biggie Cheese.
- A great saying like "A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others." does not belong in this movie.
- The third act has some genuinely enjoyable moments, but they aren't worth putting up with the first hour of the film.
- Markets itself to children yet promotes partying, car stealing, speeding, running from the police, and drinking.
- Sam Elliot's cover of "I Won't Back Down" is great.
- Decent animation.
- Some funny moments here and there.