Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is a 2000 horror film. The film was released a year after the 1999 box office hit The Blair Witch Project was released in theaters nationwide.
Several months after the first film came out, four teenagers (including a Goth girl named Kim) who are fans of the first film go out into the woods where the first film was shot and try to find the filming locations. The four get lost (like the teens in the first film) and find various places including an abandoned factory.
Why It Sucks
- The film talks about The Blair Witch Project, but has absolutely nothing to do with the first film, because it focuses on new characters that we don't like or care about.
- The characters do foolish things.
- The sheriff gives an over-the-top, goofy Southern stereotype accent.
- Was there really a "book of shadows"? No, there was no book of shadows. It was just a messy film.
- A TON of plot holes.
- Continuity errors including a scene where a van appears and then disappears.
- The film is boring and isn't scary, while the first film has an adrenaline rush.
- A plot twist where it's revealed that Kim, the goth girl believes in witchcraft and practices witchcraft.
- The film isn't really scary.