Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is a 2000 horror film and is a sequel to the 1999 film The Blair Witch Project. The film was released a year after the first Blair Witch Project film was released in theaters nationwide.
Several months after the first film came out, four teenagers who are fans of the first film go out into the woods where the first film was shot and try to find the filming locations with help from a guide named Jeff Patterson. While out on their hunt, the four teens end up getting lost (like the teens in the first film) and find various places including an abandoned factory.
Why It Sucks
- The film talks about The Blair Witch Project, but has absolutely nothing to do with the first film, because it focuses on new characters that we don't like or even care about.
- The characters do lots of foolish things including smoking weed and drinking alcohol.
- The sheriff gives an over-the-top, goofy stereotypical Southern accent.
- There is no "Book of Shadows", making the title a complete lie.
- A TON of plotholes.
- Countless continuity errors, including a scene where a van appears and then disappears.
- The film is boring and isn't scary, whereas the first film has often been called one of the scariest movies of all-time.
- An extremely predictable plot twist, where it's revealed that Kim, the Goth girl, believes in (and practices) witchcraft.
- Misleading poster of one of the characters getting attacked in an unseen manner. However, in the film, there are little to no attack scenes, except when Kim scratches one of the characters.