Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is the 2013 sequel to the Sony's 2009 film Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Most of the cast of the first film reprises their roles (Except for Mr. T) with Will Forte and Kristen Schaal being introduce. It Has receiving genreally positive reviews from critics.
Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader) and his friends journey back to their island to stop monster food from attacking the world.
Why it sort of sucks
- Rushed plot.
- Sub par writing, tho not nearly as bad as Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil.
- Movie shoehorns why Flint wanted to be a Guinness.
- Over-use of food puns.
- A tacked-on last minute environmental message.
- the film has very dark and disturbing moments (Like the death of the villain).
- It resorts to fart humour, something the first film lacked.
- The first film was just Not As Good.
- Flint in the first movie, learned to trust in his family and friends and prevent his fame and ego took over him and damage who loves him more. Here apparently his development was like thrown from the window, since here, Flint commited the same mistakes and trusted Chester V.
- Chester V is a murderous cannibal!
- Like the first film, it can get mean spirited at times. That said, not to the extent of chicken little.
- A lot of the characters are useless, such as baby brent and earl the cop.
- Some funny jokes.
- What happend to Flint is sad
- It has a good moral about who you look up to. For example: If a friend keeps calling you for a name you dislike, it's not your friend.
- The Foodimals are adorable. In the previous film we saw food based life-forms, here they wanted to expand this idea.
- Barry the Strawberry is very cute and sometimes funny.
- Flint and his dad bonding at the end of the film, where Flint wants to learn to fish.
- Tim bonding with the Pickles as he teaches them how to fish is a touching moment.
- The other inventions of Flint are so creative and funny at the same time.
- The credit sequence is very funny and creative and has different animation styles. Also it's song is very catchy.
- References to the first movie, for example: The Mayor (who is the (possible) main antagonist of the first film is seen in the credits sequence).
- Barb. Barb is a good character, you actually feel pity about how Chester V mistreats her and when Sam teaches about how a true and healthy friendship is. Also at the end of the movie she reedems and becomes part of Flint's family and friends.
- Decent animation. The design of the food animals are pretty creative.