Disaster Movie is a 2008 American comedy film written and directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, and stars Matt Lanter, Vanessa Minnillo, Gary "G Thang" Johnson, Crista Flanagan, Ike Barinholtz and Kim Kardashian. While the film was a modest box office success, grossing $34.8 million dollars on a $20 million dollar budget, it was a critical failure. With a 1% on Rotten Tomatoes, a 1.7/10 on IMDB, and a 15% on Metacritic, it is not only considered as the worst film made by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, but as one of the worst films of all time. This film, along with Meet the Spartans was nominated for the Razzie Award for Worst Picture, but lost to Mike Myers' The Love Guru (which this film also parodied.)
"Will, Lisa, and two of their friends attempt to flee man-made and natural disasters and encounter Batman, Hancock, The Hulk, Indiana Jones, Hannah Montana, Michael Jackson, Beowulf, the Love Guru, Iron Man, rabid chipmunks amongst others in their seemingly vain efforts to seek help and shelter from unknown threats."- Description from IMDB
A bunch of random people start to be plauged with stupid disasters and try to get away from them, and encounter many rip-off characters along the way.
Why it Sucks
- It's made by the same duo that brought us Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Vampires Suck, and The Starving Games.
- It's filled to the brim with gross-out jokes, racist jokes, sex jokes and fart jokes.
- All the cameos in this movie aren't funny in any way, shape or form.
- Awful acting that can even ruin a somewhat funny scene.
- Mindless gags that just take from some popular film of 2007.
- Many unknown actors with the exceptions of Carmen Electra, Vannesa Minnillo and Kim Kardashian, but they all still suck anyway (See Reason 4)
- Awful editing that makes no sense. For example in one scene a character gets a facial cut but in the next scene it disappears with no explanation.
- Too many pop-culture references and movie trailers that it makes fun of.
- The jokes are just AWFUL. In one scene, a character starts barfing and doesn't stop for a very, VERY long time. (It's even longer in the Unrated Cut)
- This film should have ended the duo's career, but its "modest" success meant even more films from them that are just AWFUL!
- Some really stupid ideas including man-eating chipmunks who are a parody of Alvin and the Chipmunks and Kung Fu Panda, who is a ripoff of the movie of the same name.
- The ending is just AWFUL, but we'll leave it alone for the fact you will cheer in joy once you know the movie has finally ended.
- Abysmal songs, including one about getting an abortion and another one about how dating is basically sex.
- The fanbase that still uphold and defend these movies are the reason we keep on getting these turd movies.
- Kim Kardashian is in it.
- It's showed us that now ANYONE can make a successful spoof movie without putting any effort into it.
- They have chosen a good name for the film... which perfectly describes this movie.
- 10,000 BC
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Flavor Flav
- No Country for Old Men
- High School Musical
- The Day After Tomorrow
- Hannah Montana
- Sex and the City
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- Step Up 2: The Streets
- Iron Man
- The Incredible Hulk
- Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- The Shining
- The Dark Knight
- Speed Racer
- Michael Jackson
- Night at the Museum
- Kung Fu Panda
- The Love Guru
- Head On (Commercial)
The film was universally and heavily panned when it came out. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 1% approval rating based on 71 reviews with an average rating of 1.3/10. The site's critical consensus says "Returning to their seemingly bottomless well of flatulence humor, racial stereotypes, and stale pop culture gags, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer have produced what is arguably their worst movie yet." The movie also has a 1.9/10 on IMDB, and for a brief period of time topped the 100 lowest rated movies on that site. It also has a 15% on Metacritic