Disaster Movie is a 2008 American comedy film written and directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, and stars Matt Lanter, Vanessa Minnillo, Gary "G Thang" Johnson, Crista Flanagan, Ike Barinholtz and Kim Kardashian. While the film was a modest box office success, grossing $34.8 million dollars on a $20 million dollar budget, it was a critical failure. With a 1% on Rotten Tomatoes, a 1.7/10 on IMDB, and a 15% on Metacritic, it is not only considered as the WORST FILM TO COME OUT OF Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, but as one of the WORST FILMS OF ALL TIME!!! The film, along with Meet the Spartans was nominated for the Razzie Award for Worst Picture, but lost to Mike Meyer's The Love Guru.
"Will, Lisa, and two of their friends attempt to flee man-made and natural disasters and encounter Batman, Hancock, The Hulk, Indiana Jones, Hannah Montana, Michael Jackson, Beowulf, the Love Guru, Iron Man, rabid chipmunks amongst others in their seemingly vain efforts to seek help and shelter from unknown threats."- Description from IMDB
A bunch of random people start to be plauged with stupid disasters and try to get away from them, and encounter many rip-off characters along the way.
Why it Sucks
- It's made by the same duo that brought us Meet the Spartans and the Scary Movie sequels
- It's filled to the brim with gross-out jokes, racist jokes, cruel jokes and fart jokes.
- All the cameos in this movie aren't funny in any way, shape or form.
- Awful acting that can even ruin a somewhat funny scene.
- Mindless gags that just take from some popular film of 2007.
- Many unknown actors with the exception Carmen Electra, Vannesa Minnillo and Kim Kardashian but they all still suck anyway (See Reason 4)
- Awful editing that makes no sense. For example in one scene a character gets a facial cut but in the next scene it disappears with no explanation.
- Too many pop culture references and movie trailers that it makes fun of.
- The jokes are just AWFUL. In one scene, a character starts barfing and doesn't stop for a very, VERY long time. (It's even longer in the Unrated Cut)
- This film should have ended the duo's career, but it's "modest" success meant even more films from them that are just AWFUL!
- Some really stupid ideas including cannibal chipmunks who are a parody of Alvin and the Chipmunks and Kung Fu Panda, who is a ripoff of the movie Kung Fu Panda.
- The ending is just AWFUL, buy i'll leave it alone for the fact you will cheer in joy once you know the movie has finally ended it's wrath.
- Abysmal songs including one about getting an abortion and another one about how dating is basically sex.
- The fanbase that still uphold and defend these movies are the reason we keep on getting these turd movies.
- It's showed us that now ANYONE can make a successful spoof movie without putting any effort into it
- They choose a good name for the film...WHICH SUMS UP THE WHOLE MOVIE!
The film was universally and heavily panned when it came out. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 1% approval rating with an average rating of 1.3/10. The site's critical consensus says "Returning to their seemingly bottomless well of flatulence humor, racial stereotypes, and stale pop culture gags, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer have produced what is arguably their worst Movie yet." The movie also has a 1.7/10 on IMDB, and for a brief period of time topped the 100 lowest rated movies on that site. It also has a 15% on Metacritic