Doug's 1st Movie (known as Doug's First Movie) is a 1999 animated film based on the Disney version of the Nickelodeon television series Doug. The film was directed by Maurice Joyce, and stars the regular television cast of Tom McHugh, Fred Newman, Chris Phillips, Constance Shulman, Frank Welker, Alice Playten and Guy Hadley. It was produced by Jumbo Pictures and Buena Vista, and released by Walt Disney Pictures on March 26, 1999.
Doug and his friends find a "monster" living in the woods outside their town, but when they find the monster is actually kind of nice, they find themselves hunted by "bad guys" who want the monster. In addition, Doug has to compete for the attention of Patti Mayonnaise with a snobby 8th grader, Guy Graham. Will Doug get to take Patti to the Valentine's Day dance?
Why it Sucks
- Some the actors from the series returned, but not the actor of Roger Klotz who was voiced by Chris Phillips, who voiced Felix the Cat in the film of the same name.
- Poorly written plot.
- Forgettable music.
- Little poor animation.
- Some of the scenes are been messed up and confused. Here are the examples from the film.
- The male students like to go the dance.
- Overused pointless fantasy sequences of Doug (which the fantasy sequences is taking too long in the second sequences) which the Nostalgia Critic says "It's like if Scrubs and Family Guy took all of their pointless cutaway jokes and turned it into some sort of horrible hybrid of wasted time!".
- The mayor never gets anything right
- The bullies of Doug make a Robo-Crusher that is not shown on the news (not even the shrinking ray)
- And the finale is that some of the students think the monster is a disguise as girl students think it's cute.
- Dim-witted characters.
- There is an extremely cruel scene where a bunch of SWAT officers at the dance kept shooting at the robot and didn't let it finish its sentence, to the point where the Nostalgia Critic feels more sorry for the robot more then the other characters in the fim.