Gamera Super Monster (宇宙怪獣ガメラ Uchū Kaijū Gamera) is a 1980 kaiju film, and the last movie in the original Gamera series. It has been deemed to be one of the worst, if not THE ABSOLUTE WORST kaiju movie ever. He would not receive another film until 15 years later.
Evil aliens from the planet Zanon intend to enslave all of the Earth. Three super-powered alien women, who are the protectors of the planet, enlist the help of Keichii, a young boy who is obsessed with turtles and has a special connection with Gamera, who fights his past enemies to save the Earth.
Why It Sucks
- Unbelievably cheap and terrible production values, which is caused by the fact that the production company, Daiei, was going bankrupt.
- Overused stock footage from other Gamera movies, which comes across as being extremely lazy.
- Non-sensical stock footage from Leiji Matsumoto‘s anime series, such as Space Battleship Yamato and Galaxy Express 999.
- Blatant Star Wars plagiarism, not unlike Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam. The alien ship looks exactly like the Star Destroyer from A New Hope, which came out 3 years before this movie.
- Poor acting.
- Forgettable characters.
- Extremely derivative storyline, with repetitive scenes, no less.