Alameda Slim, a wanted cattle rustler, uses an alias to buy up properties all over western Nebraska, and his next target is the Patch of Heaven dairy farm, where the widow owner cares more for her 'family' of yard animals's welfare then for profit, so she just hasn't got the cash to keep in business. The other animals, mainly carefree youngsters, being unable, three cows of very different temperament and manners rise to the desperate occasion and set out to do battle for their dream home, teaming up unnaturally with each-other, the sheriff's megalomaniac horse and any other animal who can possibly help, even a crazy lucky rabbit and an invincible buffalo, hoping to beat the crook to the Patch's auction, or anything it takes...
Why it Sucks
- Annoying and mean-spirited characters like Alameda Slim and the protagonist Maggie.
- Badly done voice acting with overused hillbilly accents.
- Reused animation of the animals dancing; it is used over and over again.
- The jokes are very weak.
- The chase scene is just constant noise without any purpose.
- Pitifully standard story that gets boring pretty quickly.
- Forgettable songs.
- Dark comedy aspects in a PG-rated picture, such as a fly staring at Maggie's udders/butt, Steers harassing the protagonists and a bandit carrying a knife to deal with enemies.
- The character design quality is very low, with a bad color pallet.
- Overly cartoonish and janky animation.
- Talks down to its audience.
- The animation is nice and captures the wilderness of the wild West.
- Even if the songs are forgettable, there are a few good ones like Little Patch of Heaven and Will the Sun Ever Shine Again?
- Passable actresses and actors like Jennifer Tilly as Grace, Steve Buscemi as Wesley, Judi Dench as Mrs. Calloway, and a few others.
- Even if the jokes are weak, there are at least some funny moments here and there.
- The action scenes are enjoyable and exciting.