Mulan II is a 2004 American direct-to-video Disney animated film directed by Darrell Rooney and Lynne Southerland and is a sequel to the 1998 film Mulan.
Mulan and Shang are about to get married but Mushu fears he will lose his job when Mulan is accepted into Shang's family. Then, the Emperor discovers that the Monguls are planning to attack so he calls up Mulan, Shang and Mulan's three army friends Yao, ling, and Chien-Po to escort three princesses Mei, Su, and Ting-Ting, to a neighboring kingdom so an alliance can be formed. But during their journey, Mushu attempts to break up Mulan and Shang while the princesses find love with the army buddies.
Why It Sucks
- Mushu goes for no actual reason from a likable comic relief into a selfish, despicable jerk who focuses just on himself.
- The plot is nowhere near as exciting as the first movie.
- Some songs are repeated from the first movie while the new ones are not as good (except for Lesson Number One).
- The ending seemingly dooms China without even acknowledging it.
- It has little to no action.
- Lesson Number One is a good song.
- The voice actors do a good job.
- The animation is nice.
- The scenes with the army buddies and princesses falling in love are nice at times.
- Mushu's new voice actor for this film, Mark Moseley, is very close to Eddie Murphy along with Robin Williams, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Patrick Stewart and Patrick Warburton.