Open Season is a 2006 computer-animated adventure comedy film directed by Roger Allers and Jill Culton, written by Steve Bencich and Ron J. Friedman, and starring Martin Lawrence, Ashton Kutcher, Debra Messing and Gary Sinise.
A 900-pound grizzly bear named Boog (Martin Lawrence) decides to team up with a one-antlered deer named Elliot (Ashton Kutcher) and other woodland animals to defeat a gang of human hunters led by the sadistic Shaw (Gary Sinise).
- Bland animation.
- The humour is bad and it's in very poor taste.
- Inappropriate stuff for a kids movie. Adult jokes and Elliot saying the word "crapping"are examples of this.
- It has a clichéd story, already featured in movies like Cars and Madagascar, with the main protagonist getting lost somewhere he had never been before and trying to fit in.
- Good voice-acting.
- Some good gags like the ones that take place when Boog arrives into the wilderness.
- Despite its flaws, the movie features a rather good "odd-couple" comedy.
- The scene where Boog and the ranger part ways is pretty touching.