Open Season is a 2006 computer-animated adventure comedy film directed by Roger Allers and Jill Culton, written by Steve Bencich and Ron J. Friedman, and starring Martin Lawrence, Ashton Kutcher, Debra Messing and Gary Sinise.
A 900-pound grizzly bear named Boog (Martin Lawrence) decides to team up with a one-antlered deer named Elliot (Ashton Kutcher) and other woodland animals to defeat a gang of human hunters led by the sadistic Shaw (Gary Sinise).
Why it Sucks
- Bland animation.
- The humour is bad and it's in very poor taste.
- At times it can get a little too dark for a kids' film.
- Adult jokes that are also rather inappropriate.
- Generic and uninspired story.
- Shaw is probably the least threatening villain to ever exist in an animated film.
- The premise is quite similar to both Cars and Madagascar. The main protagonist is unlikable at first, and they get lost somewhere they've never been before and try to fit in.
- Elliot actually says the word "crapping" (in a kids movie)