Surf's Up 2: WaveMania is a 2017 animated direct-to-DVD film produced by Sony Pictures Animation and WWE Films.
The adventurous Cody convinces The Hang 5, a famous big wave-riding crew, to accompany him to a surfing location known as "The Trenches", where the biggest waves in the world can be found.
Why it Sucks
- Mediocre animation that's not a patch on the original's stunning animation.
- Completely disrespects the original source material. In the first Surf's Up movie, Cody's idol is Big Z, however in this movie, it's the Hang 5.
- The designs of the Hang 5 look very unappealing.
- This movie has flat characterization since Cody acts like he wants to take down Tank rather than go surfing with the Hang 5.
- Combining surfing penguins with WWE wrestlers is completely stupid, as WWE has nothing to do with surfing.
- Many of the characters, especially Cody, are inferior from the first film.
- The infamous scene where Mr. McMahon 'milks' a fish. EWW!
- Almost none of the voice actors from the first film reprise their roles in this sequel.
- We barely see any new characters in the film.
- The Hang 5 characters stay true to their original wrestler counterparts.
- The voice acting is okay, with Jon Heder and Diedrich Bader reprising their roles as Chicken Joe and Tank Evans, respectively.
- Paige talking about wanting her own reality show, Power Diva, is a reference to WWE's reality show, Total Divas.