The Land Before Time's unfortunately different sequels are child-pandering Don Bluth films owned by Universal Studios and made throughout the 1990s-2010s.
Why The Sequels Suck
- Underwhelming graphics, unlike the original, which has such artistic and traditional animation.
- Unlike the original The Land Before Time, the sequels are excruciating, over-stereotypical musicals rather than an art form ("Girls & Dads" is one prime example).
- The voice actors for the dinosaurs give them annoying, cliched voices.
- Jokes about dinosaur poop.
- The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends is actually the worst movie of the franchise because Littlefoot isn't even Littlefoot but a very mean-spirited whiner and is actually the dumbest of them all.
- At the end of The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through the Mists, we are forced to see footage of Grandpa Longneck's butt.
- The narration to begin the films takes place in space for no reason.
- Probable incestuous references of Mr. Threehorn and Tria.
- The smallest member of the Tinysauruses is their father (Wow! This is the tiniest dinosaur ever AND DON BLUTH WASN'T EVEN DRUNK WHEN THIS WAS HIS DIRECTION!!).
- Unlike the original, the characters are negatively free-spirited.
- The Land Before Time has over a dozen sequels!!!
- In The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure, Littlefoot shows no awkwardness whatsoever over taking care of a baby tyrannosaurus, although it was a tyrannosaurus that killed Littlefoot's mother.
- How did Littlefoot get over his mother's death so quickly? He spent 20 minutes of the first movie being sad about it!
- The characters are still likeable.
- Certain songs are pretty good.
- Some of the new characters are pretty awesome.