Troll 2 is a 1990 Italian-American horror comedy B movie directed by Claudio Fragasso (under the pseudonym Drake Floyd) and starring Michael Stephenson, George Hardy, Margo Prey, Connie McFarland, Deborah Reed and Jason Wright. This movie was actually supposed to be an original IP called Goblins, but United States distributors were skeptical about the film's ability to succeed as an indie film and renamed it Troll 2 in an attempt to market it as a sequel to the 1986 Empire Pictures film Troll.
In 2010, star of the movie Michael Stephenson went on to make a documentary about this movie entitled Best Worst Movie in celebration of this film's cult following.
A young boy is terrified to discover that a planned family trip is going to be attacked by vile plant-eating monsters out of his worst nightmare. His attempt to save his beloved family is assisted by the spectre of his deceased grandfather. The town is eventually overrun by the creatures who plot to exterminate all the citizens and kill all humans.
Why It Sucks
- There are no trolls in the movie. The antagonists are actually goblins.
- It has no connection to the original movie.
- The acting is just awful.
- Cheesy special effects.
- The goblins look extremely fake.
- The plot is barely followed.
- Unintentionally hilarious dialogue, such as when Arnold sees a girl getting eaten by the goblins, he screams "They're eating her, and then they're gonna eat me! Oh my Goooooooood!" in a overly-dramatic and forced way. To make it even funnier, a fly appears on his forehead between shots for no reason. It even became a meme.
- The marketing gimmick about it being as sequel of a movie whose creators had nothing to do with this one is somewhat immoral and stupid.
- Creedence, the antagonist, talks very slowly.
- The death scenes are either lame, off-screen, or are never revealed.
- The fact that since the goblins are vegetarians, why would they need to turn humans into vegetable matter to survive when they could simply just eat regular vegetables they could find.
- Everything is so bad, it's hilarious.